Sunday, September 20, 2009

My exciting weekend


I had the least exciting weekend in well, probably ever. My throat has been sore and red and angry looking since Wednesday morning. I had my tonsils out when I was nineteen, and the surgeon left a tiny sliver of tonsil on the left side. That tiny little sliver is huge now, so I think I have tonsillitis with really no tonsils to speak of. I don't think I have a virus, I don't have a very high fever, but it sure looks nasty and hurts like the devil. I might drag myself to the doctor tomorrow...we'll see.

Most of my time I've spent propped up in bed reading the Sookie Stackhouse series by Charlaine Harris. Adam bought me a boxed set last week after me 'hinting' for weeks that I'd like to read the books. I'd been meaning to borrow the series but never got around to it. I have to say I like the series enough to keep reading, but it doesn't draw you in like other series that I've read. It might be the perfectionist in me, but I have to chuckle when I find a typo, grammatical error, or a chink in the storyline. I have noticed a few errors when she talks about things that happened in a previous book. The type of car will be different, the timeline is a little off, etc. Oh well. I've been entertained. For those of you that haven't seen the tv show, HBO has based the series True Blood on the books by Harris. The show is much more graphic than the books. I got sucked into following the tv show recently, but something was bothering me. I couldn't put my finger on it for a couple weeks, until I realized it is their accents. That fake Louisiana drawl just bugs the heck out of me. Sooookay and Beeeehl....

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...