Friday, October 23, 2009

Holiday Shopping Guide - Ruffled

To kick off the holiday shopping season, I am featuring another Etsy artisan, Jeanne of Ruffled.Etsy.com.  Jeanne makes gorgeous coin purses and clutches.  She is the youngest of eight children, and learned to sew  from her mom.  Jeanne is also learning how to do upholstery.  Her clutches and coin purses would make great gifts for the favorite lady in your life. (Or yourself!)


 


How did you get started crafting?
I have liked making things since I was very young. I used to bug all of my parents, brothers, and sisters to drive me to the craft store so I could buy beads, clay, rhinestones, etc. Every one of my sister's boyfriends can admit that they have been convinced to drive me to the store. I even entered a few craft fairs when I was 12 with my Christmas ornaments.

Why did you decide on Ruffled as your business name? 

I love bows, ruffles, and ribbon and wanted to capture that in the store name. I like to use ruffles in the clutches so it has worked out very well.

Do you have a muse? 

Some of my favorite clutches have come from ideas from my friends. My most popular clutch, the damask clutch, was a request from one of my good friends. We were at a restaurant with damask wallpaper. She asked me to make her a clutch in damask and voila- my damask with the pink ribbon was made.

Do you take custom orders? 

Yes! Many of my clutches have been bridesmaid clutches custom made to match the dresses. I love to see other people's ideas and it is fun to make what they imagine.

What does a typical day look like for you? 

I work full time at an office so I don't get to start sewing until pretty late at night which means I often stay up late. I have to laugh when I am cutting interface at 1 a.m.

Where would you like to go with your business? 

I just started working with a store to carry the clutches! I would love to have a few stores carry the clutches.

What is one strange or funny thing you'd like to share with us?

I am lucky enough to have 7 older brothers and sisters. I grew up wearing lots of clothes that my Mom made me- I hope one day that I am talented as she is.

Check out Jeanne's shop at Ruffled.Etsy.com!

2 comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...