Tuesday, November 3, 2009

Holiday Shopping Guide - craftycrackpot



Caitlin of craftycrackpot creates affordable sweaters, adorable dresses, stuffed animals, quilts, booties, and more.  As part of a family with thirteen children, she's always on the go and helping around the house.  I absolutely love her little peasant dresses!



How did you get started crafting?

My mum was always into knitting and other hand sewing, so I guess it was just something that was passed on. As I mastered the simpler crafts, I wanted to move on. I tried many different crafts, but never really found my "thing" until I hit the sewing machine. I've loved it ever since. Whether I'm quilting, sewing clothes, sewing toys or anything else, it really is something I take great delight in!

Why did you decide on craftycrackpot for your business?
I was thinking about starting an Etsy store but couldn't think of a good name. My mum suggested "craftycrackpot" half in jest, I think, and it instantly stuck. It seemed to be something that would stick in people's minds, and it also described me - crazy about sewing!

Do you take custom orders?
Yes, I do. I would love to make something for someone that is "just" right.






What does a typical day look like for you?
A typical day for me would involve homeschooling my 2 younger siblings, helping out with stuff around the house (I'm part of a large family), and fitting in sewing any opportunity I get. Oh, I also like to work out at the gym.

Where would you like to go with your business?
I'd like to actually turn it into a "business" rather than just a hobby. I'm thinking of starting up my own blog to try to engender more traffic. I'm also trying to list new items more often, so my name is out there more.

2 comments:

  1. Thanks for featuring me!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. great interview!
    you're so busy homeschooling and crafting and being a mum!! busy busy
    goodluck with it all!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...