Sunday, November 8, 2009

Holiday Shopping Guide - GladRaggz





If I owned my own brick and mortar boutique, it would be stocked full of items like those made by Pat from GladRaggz.  Her gorgeous handmade silk purse with ribbon embroidery is my absolute favorite.  Pat's shop includes everything from Christmas ornaments, to sparkling jewelry, to soft scarves and hats.  You can also visit her blog here.


Handmade silk handbag


How did you get started crafting?
I've been crafting ever since I can remember. I come from a creative family, in which they raised their own food and made clothes and household necessities. To this day my father does basic mending tasks and small sewing jobs on his clothing.

Why did you decide on GladRaggz for your business name?

Actually Gladraggz wasn't my first choice, because the name I wanted was already chosen.
I wanted a name that was cheerful and described my product, (womens' handbags, jewelry and accessories), and the name was a variant of "Glad Rags", which was not available.

Do you have a muse?
If you are asking what inspires me, I'd have to say anything that appeals to my sense of beauty. I love to create interesting combinations of practical and decadent. As a lover of antiques and vintage "anything", finding the right combination of decadent and practical is extremely satisfying, and often not as difficult as it might seem.


 
 
Do you take custom orders?

I have taken custom orders. Fortunately the customers have been very open and accepting of my judgment, and it's worked out well.

What does a typical day look like for you?
Unfortunately my typical days don't always go as I wish, as real life usually interferes with my creative life. My ideal day would be devoting the entire day to filling my shops with my creations, and of course filling orders for those who love them!





Where would you like to go with your business?
I'd be happy picking up the pace a bit - selling more and creating on a steady basis to meet the demand. I'm not out to conquer the world, just leave a bigger footprint in it...

What is one strange or funny thing you'd like to share with us?
I LOVE it when people love my creations! I've always had good luck selling to good people who pay promptly, and so forth. I make it a policy to stay in constant communication with my buyers during the transaction and shipping process until I know their order has arrived at their home. Sometimes I never hear a word back from them, even in the form of feedback, but I'd love to hear how they feel about their purchase one way or the other.

1 comment:

  1. What a wonderful feature!! Thank you so much for showcasing my shop!

    Best wishes!
    Pat

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...