Tuesday, November 24, 2009

Holiday Shopping Guide - PACountryCrafts



Today's featured shop is PACountryCrafts.  The artist cut her teeth crafting with her dad, has a degree in chemistry, and is working full time as a momma to her four children.  Her ornaments, wood crafts, and baskets are especially adorable.  They'd make the perfect gift for everyone from your college roommate to your mom.  She will even personalize ornaments for free.

Have a happy Thanksgiving, and happy shopping!



How did you get started crafting?
I have always been a little crafty- as long as I can remember. I learned to make baskets in 4H, my dad showed me how to work the scroll saw, and everything else is self-taught.

Why did you decide on PACountryCrafts for your business name?

The one I wanted was taken! I wanted to include "country" because I live in the country and my crafts generally have that theme. PA is for my home state, which is a beautiful place to live.

Do you have a muse?

Not really.



Do you take custom orders?
I do- and I like a challenge. I ALWAYS need a challenge- it is what I thrive upon.



What does a typical day look like for you?
Well, I have 4 young kids, and they wake up pretty early. Lately one or two wake me up, so we are real quiet so I can come downstairs to check my email and etsy shop. Then there is the rush for breakfast and the bus. Some days I have to go to work for a few hours, but if not there is plenty of work at home. If I am REAL lucky, I get both of the younger girls to take a nap at once and I can sneak out to the garage to cut some wood crafts out! I sneak in spare moments all day to get in some painting and sewing and internet time. Then the bus comes back and it is craziness until they go to bed and maybe I can get some more crafting done even if it is at the cost of sleep.

Where would you like to go with your business?

I am just going to see where it leads. For now, I just want some sense of accomplishment.



What is one strange or funny thing you'd like to share with us?

I have a BS in Chemistry- so this is a far cry from the lab. I have a teaching certificate so I will get back to that one day. Since Halloween is approaching- I will tell you that when my son was 1 1/2 I made his costume- a water molecule! Ok, I know... and yes, he hated it. Last time I got to pick!

3 comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...