Wednesday, November 18, 2009

Holiday Shopping Guide - Pink Sherbert




Today's featured artisan is Michelle of Pink Sherbert.  Michelle's fun and funky sock monkeys, pin cushions, and purses are so striking and beautiful.  Sock puppets?  Beautiful?  Yes!   Michelle resides in North Yorkshire, England.  Each one of her creations incorporates a bit of that European flair for style and gorgeous colors.   Make sure to shop early to allow for shipping and customs!




How did you get started crafting?
I’ve always enjoyed making things but I suppose the thing that started me crafting regularly was when my children grew up and I had all this spare time


Why did you decide on Pink Sherbert for your business name?
I thought the name “Pink Sherbert” sounded cute and suited my style exactly.

Do you have a muse?
Not really, I just love to make things!

Do you take custom orders?
Yes, I love a challenge. I’ve made Ninja, Karate, ballerina and even truck driver sock monkeys!



What does a typical day look like for you?
Busy!! I currently work in a doctors surgery 3 days a week, so if it’s a work day then I usually don’t get much crafting done. If it’s a day off then I’m usually still up early, two coffee’s and then breakfast while I check my shop and reply to any convo’s and emails. I then usually spend an hour or so cleaning the house. Then it’s time to craft! I never know what I’m going to make that day (unless it’s a custom order for a sock monkey) I will usually stop around 3pm to make a meal for the family who arrive home around 4:30pm. Take the dog out around 5pm then back to check my shop, messages etc., and maybe list/relist an item. I also spend far too long on the forums!


Where would you like to go with your business?
I would like to be successful enough to be able to quit my day job! As I only work part time so I don't think it's impossible to earn the same from my craft.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...