Wednesday, March 2, 2011

Cheep cheep!

Our chicks are officially growing up.  The Barred Rocks are 28 days, and the Hamburgs are 33 days old.  It is amazing how quickly these little birds grow.  Last weekend we found a couple birds out of the brooder.  They were sitting on top of the closed worm bin, looking around like they ruled the world.  We were a behind on the ark project after getting sick, so we had to rush to get the run portion of the ark completed.  The fencing and doors went on, and in went the chicks.  They'll stay inside for awhile longer until the weather is warmer.  

The girls have figured out that I am their food source.  I have to smile every time they follow me in the garage, all while cheeping at the top of their lungs.  I thought dogs could be big mooches...that was until I met these little girls.  I just hope that they ARE all girls.  I am a little worried about a couple of them, but we will have to wait and see.

Here is a video of my little piggies.  They don't seem to like bananas.  More for me. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...