Saturday, January 21, 2012

Tick Tock

We spent the day moving around furniture to make room for baby.  Actually, Adam did most of the work.  Having your pelvis move apart too soon means that your mobility is limited.  I mostly organized drawers, oiled some furniture, and supervised.  After finishing, though, I realized that this week would likely have brought the arrival of Avalon had things gone differently.  I have made peace with the loss, but milestones like the due date are still a little difficult.  Every kick and stretch that in my belly is reassures me that this time will be different.  Even though it seems surreal, we will have a baby here in about seven weeks.

I also spent a good portion of the week going to and from Mercy San Juan.  The incision on my neck (over the Jugular) opened up over the weekend, and was gaping by Monday.  Unfortunately, the interventional radiologist was out of the office one day, and running late the next.  Despite that, I ended up lucking out with no infection despite the wound coming open.  I also found out that I have a new allergy to Neosporin after applying a little to the dressing over the opened wound.  My neck started burning when I put the bandage on.  When I removed the bandage, I found blistered, angry skin in the shape of the gauze.  One more thing to add to the list of things I'm allergic to. (That includes most adhesive tape/bandages, sulfa drugs, tetanus vaccines, and now Neosporin.)

I am looking forward to the coming weeks.  We are hoping and praying for a calm, natural birth and recovery, and a healthy baby.  Wish us luck. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...