Monday, February 22, 2010

Falling Hard

I did it.  I got through 14 or so injections into my scalp, neck, and shoulders.  It wasn't Dysport, though.  My doctor wanted to try a last effort of injected steroids.  I figured that I'd give it the ol' college try and just get the Dysport in a week or so if it didn't.  I don't regret trying, but I have a feeling that I won't get much if any relief from this round of injections.

On the way into the doctor's office, my bum leg failed me and I went down hard.  When I'm having spasms or my leg is worn out, my foot doesn't lift up completely.  My toes catch the ground, and down I go.  When I was going down my tendons popping.  No - it wasn't broken, but I had a feeling it was going to be sore.  

That was just the beginning.  In order to get to the muscle causing the headaches, I had to twist my neck and push against the doctor's hand.  I felt a pop, pop, pop as the needle slid into place.  Then a loud squish of fluid, and my stomach was leaping into my throat.  My mouth went dry as bone, and I choked out a request for water.  After a quick anti-faint lay on the table, we eventually got through all of the shots.  I counted six in the scalp area, four or so in my shoulders, and another four or so in my upper back.  The doctor had me lay down for a few minutes, and I was allowed to leave after they checked my blood pressure.  

For the rest of the day and most of the next, my scalp was numb.  It ached, and at the same time, it was still numb.  It's that strange numb but so achey feeling you might have felt after surgery or dental work.  Now it's just a little achy like you'd expect after 6 shots in the head.  I'll survive. :)

I'm going back this Thursday for a follow-up and hopefully we'll be able to get the Dysport injected.  Wish me luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...